Monday, July 21, 2008

McCANT (EVEN GET PUBLISHED IN THE NYT)

This is an email from the editor of the NYT to the McCain campaign regarding an Op-Ed piece the campaign submitted recently.

Dear Mr. Goldfarb,
Thank you for sending me Senator McCain's essay.
I'd be very eager to publish the Senator on the Op-Ed page.
However, I'm not going to be able to accept this piece as currentlywritten.
I'd be pleased, though, to look at another draft.
Let me suggest an approach.
The Obama piece worked for me because it offered new information (itappeared before his speech); while Senator Obama discussed Senator McCain,he also went into detail about his own plans.
It would be terrific to have an article from Senator McCain that mirrorsSenator Obama's piece. To that end, the article would have to articulate,in concrete terms, how Senator McCain defines victory in Iraq. It wouldalso have to lay out a clear plan for achieving victory — with troopslevels, timetables and measures for compelling the Iraqis to cooperate. Andit would need to describe the Senator's Afghanistan strategy, spelling outhow it meshes with his Iraq plan.
I am going to be out of the office next week. If you decide to re-work thedraft, please be in touch with (Redacted)
Again, thank you for taking the time to send me the Senator's draft. Ireally hope we can find a way to bring this to a happy resolution.
Sincerely,
David Shipley


John McCain= dumb/computer illiterate/a robot (not the good kind).




Upcycle, please.

No comments:

 
web log statistics
web log statistics