Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Yo Upcyclers!

Why hello, hello. My name is Melissa, and from here on out I will be adding my own musings on all things wonderful and sustainable to this here blog. I will share with you my passion for public transportation (especially the Metrolink, which I love unconditionally even during these hard times. Yikes! Bad bad news for public trans...), farmers' markets, the city of St. Louis, neighborhoods, urbanism, fruit trees, the Olympics, wind energy, tofu, and public radio. Anyway, hello. Pleased to meet ya.

Right, so now that that's out of the way, I got two things for show and tell.

#1: my good friend Miss Metrolink showed me this video. Hurrah! Down with traffic! Support public transit. These guys are just too clever.

#2: Last week I went to a Jamaican restaurant on Olive, and in the bathroom I saw maybe the cutest/saddest thing I've ever seen. (Well, that might be pushing it.) Right above the toilet they had posted a drawing by a first grader of an earth with the following caption (approximately, for alas, I had forgotten my sketchie):

I wish all the soljers cude stop fiding and be home with their familaiys.
I wish the stars cude be free.
I wish people would stop jujing by skin color.

I wish too, little kid, I wish too.

That's all for now. Over and out.

1 comment:

Antonio Pacheco said...

forgetting sketchies is completely not allowed.

nononono!

but its AMAZING to have you on board, melzie.
youre cooolbeans.

 
web log statistics
web log statistics