Friday, December 19, 2008

Animal, Vegetable, Miracle


Like the fool that I am, I mistakenly forgot my copy of Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan in my bedroom in St. Louis. After grieving for a few days and attempting to fill Mr. Pollan's void with some Benjamin Button, I decided it was time I end my pitty party and find a new read.

So,yesterday, I bought a new book: Animal, Vegetable, Miracle- A Year of Food Life by Barbara Kingsolver at Portrait of a Bookstore. The book chronicles the Kingsolver family's year-long experiment with growing/finding/buying most of their own food in rural Virgina. It reminds me a lot of Michael Pollan, but it's different in an interesting way.

You should read it.

Upcycle, please

Antonio Pacheco

1 comment:

Will said...

I really want to read this book- hurry with that review!

 
web log statistics
web log statistics