Thursday, March 26, 2009

Clean Coal (NOT)


"Clean" Coal has been a big topic of conversation on campus over the last few weeks. Last night, I attended a panel discussion on "clean" coal and carbon sequestration. Personally, I don't support so-called "clean coal" technologies, nor do I support using research money in support of developing said technologies. I believe that coal has been, is, and always will be a dirty fuel. You can make it cleaner, but you cannot make it clean and at this point in our history, we need real solutions, not band-aids and buzzwords.

Here are a few of the notes I jotted down during the rather frustrating panel discussion:

Hopefully, some of these will become topics that I write about in the near future.

Upcycle, please

Antonio Pacheco

No comments:

 
web log statistics
web log statistics