Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Deets

Forgive my long absence from the blogosphere, stuff has been crazy. I do this much too often. I accidentally posted this on the huglife blog, but maybe it makes more sense there. So many neglected blogs.

Anyway, here is a ridiculous picture I found today in my building systems book. It's unintelligible, so i am appreciating it purely for its aesthetic value. It's a detail for a roof truss of some sort (think pitched roof-like the one over your house- minus the roofing material). Its interesting to me how something that's pretty mundane/probably boring can be represented so beautifully. Not only that, but it's incredibly useful (these "details" are sort of like orthographic parenthetical thoughts used by architects and engineers to explain to contractors the fine details of specific construction elements like walls, windows, or, as is the case here, roof trusses).
Anyway, this is rad.

Upcycle, please

Antonio

No comments:

 
web log statistics
web log statistics